Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Big/Little Gift Ideas

Each year, sorority women across America and some parts of Canada flock to Hobby Lobby (also known as "Hob Lob" in my chapter), Michaels, Dollar Tree, or anywhere else that sells craft supplies for dirt cheap. This is a time when we have just gotten our new pledge class and are pressed for time to make personalized, monogramed gifts for our favorite new members. My kiddo (we call them kiddos here, don't judge) is admittedly not the craftiest one in our family, a title which apparently belongs to me. I'll admit, I didn't hate hearing the sophomores call me the "Craft Master" or "Crafting Queen", but after a year of making all these gifts for my kiddo, I was at a loss for what to make for my grandkiddo. Regardless, I was happy the bear the burden.

To help all of my Panhellenic sisters out during this stressful time, I've decided to upload pictures of some of the things I have made over the years. After all, the best way to get ideas is to creep on everyone else's gifts first.

 Paddle for my kiddo :) We painted it a pale blue and then puffy painted "Owl - Key - Fleur De Lis", followed by gluing our letters onto the front.

 Pin box for kiddo. Not my favorite, but simple enough.

 Letters I made for my kiddo. You can get these wood letters at Hob Lob for around $1.50 a piece. Paint them a solid color, and then stencil on top. 

 Door hanger that I made for my grandkiddo. 

  A mini paddle that I made for my grandkiddo. I painted it pink, mod podged some scrapbook paper onto it, painted on top of that, mod podged again to seal it, and added some rhinestones. Mod podge is quite literally a gift from above when it comes to crafting. Embrace its wonderful possibilities. 


 Paddle that kiddo and I made for grandkiddo. Probably my favorite so far. Painted, mod podged, attached letters and pearls, and PRESTO! Super cute paddle.

 Pin box for grandkiddo. Could definitely be jazzed up with some stick-on rhinestones or pearls.

Letters I made for myself, because I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment